How To Style A Magazine Worthy Bookshelf
Styling a bookshelf can be a fun and creative process, but it can also be overwhelming if you don’t know where to start. A magazine worthy one requires attention to detail and creativity. Here are some tips to help you create a bookshelf that looks like it belongs in a magazine:
1. Clear everything out: The first step to styling your bookshelf is to clear everything out of it. This gives you a fresh canvas to work with.
2. Group books by color: Arrange books in groups by color to create a cohesive look. You can also mix in other decorative items with each color grouping.
3. Use bookends: Bookends can help keep your books organized and also add a decorative touch. Look for bookends that match the style of your bookshelf.
4. Add art and decorative objects: Add art or decorative objects to your bookshelf to break up the monotony of the books. You can use items like vases, framed photos, or sculptures to add visual interest.
5. Play with texture: Mix in textured items like woven baskets, wooden boxes, or ceramic objects to add depth and interest to your bookshelf.
6. Incorporate greenery: Adding plants or flowers to your bookshelf can add life and color. Choose plants that are low maintenance and fit the lighting conditions of your bookshelf.
7. Pay attention to balance: Balance is key to a well-styled bookshelf. Make sure you distribute the items evenly across your bookshelf to create a harmonious look.
8. Edit and adjust: Once you’ve styled your bookshelf, step back and take a look. Remove or adjust any items that don’t feel quite right, and keep tweaking until you achieve the desired look.
By following these tips, you can create a bookshelf that looks like it belongs in a magazine. Remember to have fun and experiment with different combinations until you find the perfect style for you!